Clinical Member (Voting Members) - Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (must also maintain membership with State CAMFT)
Pre-licensed Member (Voting Members) – Students enrolled in an MFT Graduate program, Trainees, or Associate (must also maintain membership with State CAMFT)
Associate Member (Non-Voting Members) - Professional or student in a related field (must also maintain membership with State CAMFT)
Affiliate Member (Non-Voting Members) - Attorneys, probation officers, schools, organizations, community members, etc.
Advertiser (Non SD CAMFT Member) - Advertisers who are not SD CAMFT Members may register for a monthly subscription to reach our members on the SD CAMFT Advertisement page
Please note: Your membership is good for one (1) year and must be renewed annually to maintain active membership status. Clinical, Pre-licensed & Associate Chapter Members must be a member of State CAMFT when joining the local chapter. If you are not a member of CAMFT, contact CAMFT at (858) 292-2638 or complete an online application. Affiliate Chapter Members do not need to join CAMFT.
Top 10 benefits of Chapter Membership:
- Engage: Engage with a network of your colleagues and the community!
- Professional Directory: Members may choose to become part of an online directory that is available to the public.
- Advertise: Members may advertise in the website and newsletter for FREE.
- Therapist Connection: Participate in an online forum for Members Only and find resources for online communication, referral requests and networking.
- Community Relations: Networking, advocacy, and making connections within the San Diego community by increasing your professional visibility. San Diego Chapter of CAMFT participates in a number of events throughout the year including walks and social gatherings.
- Intern/Employer Networking: Interns and employers have an opportunity to find mutual benefits. An excellent opportunity for pre-licensed members to learn more about the job search and licensing process while connecting with employers.
- Professional Development and CEUs: Attend presentations providing an opportunity to connect with other professionals, expand your knowledge, and share insights and information while completing your required CEUs. Members receive discounts to all events and 1-hour CEUs are FREE to chapter members.
- Newsletters: All members receive our informative San Diego CAMFT Newsletters and e-blasts to keep individuals informed of chapter events and other educational opportunities.
- Pre-Licensed Development: Attend meetings to learn about topics relevant to pre-licensees and to build your network of colleagues.
- Leadership Development: Member opportunities including serving on the Board, support our members in developing and strengthening their leadership skills.