SD CAMFT is looking for
Board Members AND Committee Members!
Submission deadline for nominees is 12/6/19
Vacant Positions for 2020:
- Secretary - Clinical, Licensed or Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). The Secretary shall keep a record of minutes of the proceedings of meetings of its members and the meetings of the Board of Directors, with the time and place of holding whether regular or special. If the meeting is a special meeting, the minutes will record the authorization, notice given, the names of those present, and the proceedings. An ideal candidate is proficient in Word, Excel, and Zoom.
- Membership - Clinical, Licensed or Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). The Membership Chair manages the San Diego Chapter membership, and participates in roles such as Hospitality, Member Recruitment, and Member Advocate. Responsibilities include: approving new members, managing membership renewals, archiving profiles whose membership has lapsed, responding to questions about membership application and fees, maintaining the membership roster, providing membership verification, recruiting new members, and coordinating 1-2 membership events per year.
- Communication and Marketing Chair - Clinical, Licensed or Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). The Communication and Marketing Chair manages website content and creation through Wild Apricot, social media profiles and content (Facebook), posts scheduled events on website while maintaining CEPA marketing compliance, distributes CEPA compliant emails to members about events in coordination with the Education and CE Chairs, supports the Board in email and newsletter content distribution, and posts current and recent events on website. The Communication and Marketing Chair must be proficient in creating marketing materials and proficient in utilizing various electronic databases and platforms.
- Community Outreach Chair - Clinical, Licensed or Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). The Community Outreach Chair is responsible for establishing and maintaining a community outreach effort for the Chapter. The Community Outreach Chair builds and maintains relationships with local universities, employers, programs, and affiliates to support Membership, Sponsorship, and Education Chairs; increases awareness of and educates other community organizations about SD CAMFT; represents the Chapter at community events; and acts as a liaison with local organizations.
Pre-License Chair - Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). Support position for pre-licensed members providing guidance to their licensure. Pre-licensed chair duties include submission of monthly email, hosting monthly social hour, scheduling events that provide education and navigation for testing and other learning experiences in the field. Pre-licensed chair should be up to date with BBS requirements. Also assists with all other events in correlation to the board and supporting licensed members in conjunction to associates.
- Member at Large - Clinical, Licensed or Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). This board member will organize and facilitate community walks, Networking Events, and increase the Chapter’s presence at various community walks and other events. This chairperson also engages in Marketing and Advertising activities and should have a good working knowledge of using websites, social media, and other online applications.
Benefits of Being a San Diego Chapter Board Member
- Be a member of an organization creating opportunities for your colleagues.
- Attend all events provided by SD CAMFT at no cost to you, including our CEU events!
- Meet and network with mental health professionals across San Diego.
- All Board Members have the opportunity to attend and participate in an annual Leadership Conference sponsored by CAMFT.
- Build your leadership and networking skills.
- Reduced fees for advertising and opportunities to blog and post on the SD CAMFT website.
Requirements for those interested in being a Board Member:
- Send your CV and a brief Letter of Intention outlining your desired position and qualifications to the Elections Committee
- Members of the Board must also be Members of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT and State CAMFT prior to nomination. Those who are not SD CAMFT and CAMFT members in good standing will NOT be placed on the ballot.
- The San Diego Chapter of CAMFT meets on the 1st Monday of the month in-person or via electronic platform. Board members are required to attend all Board Meetings.
- Monthly hourly commitment varies per role, but you can expect to volunteer at events or engage in task completion for 10-15hrs/month.
Are you thinking, “I’d love to help, but I don’t know if being a Board Member is for me?”
We’d love to have your help! We have a variety of opportunities to participate on committees! The following committees could use an energetic person like you! Also, Committee Members can be Clinical (Licensed) or Pre-Licensed Members of the Chapter! (Note: Committee Members must also be Members of both CAMFT and the San Diego Chapter of CAMFT)
Benefits include: Building your leadership skills, Meeting and Networking with other MFTs and professionals in the community, and having fun!
- Mission and Vision Committee - Include your voice in further developing the Mission and Vision of the San Diego Chapter of CAMFT.
- Community Committee - Act as a liaison to various community organizations. Help promote and facilitate our community events such as walks, fairs, volunteer work, and festivals.
- Website Committee - This committee would benefit from a Tech Savvy person to help behind the scenes with our website!
- Elections Committee- Help facilitate annual elections for Board positions.