San Diego Chapter of California Marriage and Family Therapists is looking for Board Members AND Committee Members!
Open Positions for January 2019:
Per Bylaws: The President Elect shall succeed to the presidency. He/she shall be an ex-officio member of all committees except the Election committee. When serving ex officio, the President Elect shall not have the right to vote. The President Elect shall be a Committee Chairperson and perform such other duties as are delegated to him/her by the Board of Directors. The President Elect shall perform the duties of the President in the event of his/her inability to serve.
Per Bylaws: The Treasurer shall keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct books and records of accounts of the business transactions of the Chapter, including accounts of its assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains, losses, capital, retained earnings, and any other matters customarily included in financial statements. The books of account shall be open to inspection by any member at any reasonable time via electronic means. The Treasurer shall deposit, or shall cause to be deposited, all money and other valuables in the name and to the credit of the Chapter with such depositories as may be designated by the Board of Directors; shall disburse, or cause to be disbursed, the funds of the Chapter as may be ordered by the Board of Directors; shall render at such regular meeting of the Board, or at such other times as directed by the Board, an account of all of his/her transactions as Treasurer and of the financial condition of the Chapter; shall prepare or cause to be prepared a proposed annual budget to be presented to the Board of Directors prior to the beginning of the fiscal year; and shall have such other powers and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors or the Bylaws.
Benefits of Being a San Diego Chapter Board Member
1. Be a member of an organization creating opportunities for your colleagues.
2. Attend all events provided by SD-CAMFT at no cost to you, including our CEU events!
3. Meet and network with mental health professionals across San Diego.
4. All Board Members have the opportunity to attend and participate in an annual Leadership Conference sponsored by CAMFT.
5. Build your leadership and networking skills.
6. Reduced fees for advertising and opportunities to blog and post on the SD-CAMFT website.
Requirements for those interested in being a Board Member:
Are you thinking, “Gosh, I’d love to help, but I don’t know if being a Board Member is for me. . .”?
We’d love to have your help! We have a variety of opportunities to participate on committees! The following committees could use an energetic person like you! Also, Committee Members can be Clinical (Licensed) or Pre-Licensed Members of the Chapter! (Note: Committee Members must also be Members of CAMFT and San Diego Chapter of CAMFT)
Benefits include: Building your leadership skills, Meeting and Networking with other MFTs and professionals in the community, and having fun!
· Education Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate CEU and Education events.
· Community Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate our Community events such as walks, fairs, and festivals. This committee would also benefit from a Tech Savvy person to help behind the scenes with our website!
· Pre-Licensed Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate Pre-Licensed Events.
· Membership Committee- Helps to promote the interests and support of our Members.
· Special Committees-Attorney/Therapist or Crisis Committee: These committees meet for limited times during the year and help with the overall running of SD-CAMFT. Includes the Nomination Committee and Bylaws Committee.