San Diego Chapter of California Marriage and Family Therapists is looking for Board Members AND Committee Members!
Open Positions for 2019:
Per Bylaws: The Treasurer shall keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct books and records of accounts of the business transactions of the Chapter, including accounts of its assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains, losses, capital, retained earnings, and any other matters customarily included in financial statements. The books of account shall be open to inspection by any member at any reasonable time via electronic means. The Treasurer shall deposit, or shall cause to be deposited, all money and other valuables in the name and to the credit of the Chapter with such depositories as may be designated by the Board of Directors; shall disburse, or cause to be disbursed, the funds of the Chapter as may be ordered by the Board of Directors; shall render at such regular meeting of the Board, or at such other times as directed by the Board, an account of all of his/her transactions as Treasurer and of the financial condition of the Chapter; shall prepare or cause to be prepared a proposed annual budget to be presented to the Board of Directors prior to the beginning of the fiscal year; and shall have such other powers and shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors or the Bylaws.
Sponsorship - Clinical, Licensed Member of San Diego CAMFT (2 year term).
The Sponsorship Chair identifies activities and events for sponsorship opportunities, including State conferences, training events, newsletter, and website advertisements. Responsibilities include: Maintain an accurate list of potential and current sponsorship opportunities; Maintain working relationships with current and potential sponsors; Work in coordination with Education Chair to assign sponsors to events;Track contracts and commitments; Call, email, and/or mail confirmation to sponsorships once contracts are completed; Receive company logos from all appropriate sponsors; Submit list of sponsors, including logos where applicable, to Communication Chair; Solicit giveaway basket(s) and donations; Assign sponsor benefits and organize sponsor appreciation events; Create a strategy, in partnership with the Board, to reach sponsorship goals.
Benefits of Being a San Diego Chapter Board Member
1. Be a member of an organization creating opportunities for your colleagues.
2. Attend all events provided by SD-CAMFT at no cost to you, including our CEU events!
3. Meet and network with mental health professionals across San Diego.
4. All Board Members have the opportunity to attend and participate in an annual Leadership Conference sponsored by CAMFT.
5. Build your leadership and networking skills.
6. Reduced fees for advertising and opportunities to blog and post on the SD-CAMFT website.
Requirements for those interested in being a Board Member:
Are you thinking, “Gosh, I’d love to help, but I don’t know if being a Board Member is for me. . .”?
We’d love to have your help! We have a variety of opportunities to participate on committees! The following committees could use an energetic person like you! Also, Committee Members can be Clinical (Licensed) or Pre-Licensed Members of the Chapter! (Note: Committee Members must also be Members of both CAMFT and the San Diego Chapter of CAMFT)
Benefits include: Building your leadership skills, Meeting and Networking with other MFTs and professionals in the community, and having fun!
· Education Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate CEU and Education events.
· Community Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate our Community events such as walks, fairs, and festivals. This committee would also benefit from a Tech Savvy person to help behind the scenes with our website!
· Pre-Licensed Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate Pre-Licensed Events.
· Membership Committee- Helps to promote the interests and support of our Members.
· Special Committees - Attorney/Therapist or Crisis Committee: These committees meet for limited times during the year and help with the overall running of SD-CAMFT. Includes the Nomination Committee and Bylaws Committee.