San Diego Chapter of California Marriage and Family Therapists is looking for Board Members AND Committee Members!
Open Positions for 2020:
Pre-License Chair - Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). Support position for pre-licensed members providing guidance to their licensure. Pre-licensed chair duties include submission of monthly email, hosting monthly social hour, scheduling events that provide education and navigation for testing and other learning experiences in the field. Pre-licensed chair should be up to date with BBS requirements. Also assists with all other events in correlation to the board and supporting licensed members in conjunction to associates.
Membership - Clinical, Licensed or Pre-licensed, Member of San Diego Chapter of CAMFT (2 year term). The Membership Chair manages the San Diego Chapter membership, and participates in roles such as Hospitality, Member Recruitment, and Member Advocate. Responsibilities include: approving new members, managing membership renewals, archiving profiles whose membership has lapsed, responding to questions about membership application and fees, maintaining the membership roster, providing membership verification, recruiting new members, and coordinating 1-2 membership events per year.
Benefits of Being a San Diego Chapter Board Member
1. Be a member of an organization creating opportunities for your colleagues.
2. Attend all events provided by SD-CAMFT at no cost to you, including our CEU events!
3. Meet and network with mental health professionals across San Diego.
4. All Board Members have the opportunity to attend and participate in an annual Leadership Conference sponsored by CAMFT.
5. Build your leadership and networking skills.
6. Reduced fees for advertising and opportunities to blog and post on the SD-CAMFT website.
Requirements for those interested in being a Board Member:
Are you thinking, “Gosh, I’d love to help, but I don’t know if being a Board Member is for me. . .”?
We’d love to have your help! We have a variety of opportunities to participate on committees! The following committees could use an energetic person like you! Also, Committee Members can be Clinical (Licensed) or Pre-Licensed Members of the Chapter! (Note: Committee Members must also be Members of both CAMFT and the San Diego Chapter of CAMFT)
Benefits include: Building your leadership skills, Meeting and Networking with other MFTs and professionals in the community, and having fun!
· Education Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate CEU and Education events.
· Community Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate our Community events such as walks, fairs, and festivals. This committee would also benefit from a Tech Savvy person to help behind the scenes with our website!
· Pre-Licensed Committee- Helps to promote and facilitate Pre-Licensed Events.
· Membership Committee- Helps to promote the interests and support of our Members.
· Special Committees - Attorney/Therapist or Crisis Committee: These committees meet for limited times during the year and help with the overall running of SD-CAMFT. Includes the Nomination Committee and Bylaws Committee.