SD CAMFT will comply with all legal and ethical responsibilities to be non-discriminatory in promotional activities, program content and in the treatment of program participants. The monitoring and assessment of compliance with these standards will be the responsibility of the Education Chair in consultation with the members of CAMFT’s Board of Directors.
While SD CAMFT goes to great lengths to assure fair treatment for all participants and attempts to anticipate problems, there will be occasional issues which come to the attention of the conference/workshop staff which will require intervention and/or action on the part of the staff. This procedural description serves as a guideline for handling such grievances.
Event attendees and members are encouraged to voice their needs and concerns at the event itself and are also asked to provide feedback on our evaluation form. After the event occurs, the education chair follows up with event attendees with a thank you email encouraging further interaction if they are not satisfied with the current resolution. If all of these efforts do not satisfy the grievance, the participant may file a formal grievance as outlined below.
When a participant, files a grievance and expects action on the complaint, the following actions will be taken.
1. The participants will be asked to put their concerns in writing.
2. If the grievance concerns a speaker, the content presented by the speaker, or the style of presentation, the individual filing the grievance will be asked to put his/her comments in written format. The Education Chair will then pass on the comments to the speaker, assuring the confidentiality of the grieved individual.
3. If the grievance concerns a workshop offering, its’ content, level of presentation, or the facilities in which the workshop was offered, the Education Chair will mediate and will be the final arbitrator. If the participant requests action, the Education Chair will:
a. attempt to move the participant to another workshop or
b. provide a credit for a subsequent year's workshop or
c. provide a partial or full refund of the workshop fee.
Actions 3b and 3c will require a written note, documenting the grievance, for record keeping purposes. The note need not be signed by the grieved individual.
4. If the grievance concerns SD CAMFT’s CE program, in a specific regard, the Education Chair will attempt to arbitrate.
SD CAMFT does not discriminate against any individual or group with respect to any service, program or activity based on gender, race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, or other prohibited basis. There is never any persuasion in regards to methodology, theory, religion, or creed. SD CAMFT follows the CAMFT Code of Ethics and standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodation will be made for participants with special needs by contacting the Education Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org via email at least one week prior to an event.
A full refund is given if a registrant cancels at least one week before the date of the event. No shows will not be refunded. Please email the Education Chair at email@example.com prior to the date of the event to request a refund.
All events are subject to individualized registration pricing based on the discretion of the Board, general demand, and speaker and production fees. All events listing registration pricing based on membership status and professional status. Student pricing applies to students currently enrolled in a program for an LMFT, LCSW, LPCC and/or LEP graduate degree.
New Membership Refund Policy
A full refund will be issued if the individual meets the following criteria:
1. Requests to cancel within one week after purchasing membership
2. Has not attended a SD CAMFT member event which includes members only or offers a discount for members
Please email the Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refund.
Copyright © 2019, CAMFT San Diego Chapter. All rights reserved.
Supporting our community of mental health and allied professionals throughout San Diego County.
P.O. Box 880843 | San Diego, CA 92168-0843