- Your confirmation email will include a second registration that you must complete in order to be registered for this event. .
- In order to receive CE credit, you must attend live and complete the survey sent within a week of the event.
- Please ensure that your "Zoom name" matches the name with which you register for the event.
This presentation is intended to provide an overview of the licensing process for pre-licensees as they work toward licensure in marriage and family therapy. Topics to be discussed include the marriage and family therapy licensing process; supervised experience requirements for applicants; supervisor qualifications and supervision requirements; licensing examinations; and common employment issues pre-licensees encounter with their supervisors. This course will also discuss the recent changes to MFT licensing laws as set forth in AB 93 and AB 2138.
EDUCATIONAL GOALS & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Participants will gain a greater understanding of the licensure process, the rules and requirements, and the challenges facing pre-licensees working toward licensure.
- Participants will be able to identify the requirements for counting hours toward licensure
- Participants will be able to analyze any currently applicable waivers issued by the Department of Consumer Affairs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic to identify how they apply to pre-licensees
- Participants will be able to state the number of hours and the number of weeks of supervised experience pre-licensees are required to meet
- Participants will be able to identify how the new 90-day rule pertaining to post-degree hours differs from the “old” 90-day rule
- Participants will be able to identify appropriate work settings and common labor issues that arise in the employment of pre-licensees
1. Obtain a Qualifying Degree
a. Trainee experience defined
b. First 90 Day Rule
c. Volunteer or W-2 employment
2. Hours Required to Obtain Licensure
a. Minimum & Maximum Requirements
b. Option 1 Framework
c. Former Option 2 Framework
d. Trainee supervision requirements
e. BBS required forms
f. Supervision options defined in the context of the pandemic
g. “Exempt” settings defined
3. Registering as an Associate Marriage & Family Therapist
a. Second 90-day Rule
b. BBS application process
c. Reporting criminal convictions
d. Tips for the new registrant
e. Earning hours as an AMFT
f. First 6-Year Rule
g. Second 6-Year Rule
h. Subsequent Associate Registration
4. Employment as an AMFT
a. Where AMFTs can gain hours
b. Obligations of AMFTs
c. AMFT rights
d. AMFT limitations
e. Advertising as a Pre-Licensee
5. Supervisor Responsibilities
a. Supervisor requirements
b. Off-Site Supervision
6. BBS Examinations & Application for Licensure
a. Law & Ethics exam with the COVID-19 waiver
b. Application for Licensure
c. Clinical exam
7. Initial License
a. Request for Initial License
OUR PRESENTER: KRISTIN W. ROSCOE, Esq.
Kristin W. Roscoe, Esq., CAMFT Staff Attorney, takes CAMFT member phone calls regarding law and ethics issues and contributes articles on those subjects to The Therapist. Before joining CAMFT’s legal team, Kristin represented healthcare systems and professionals in professional negligence litigation at La Follette, Johnson, DeHaas, Fesler & Ames. Since entering the legal profession, Kristin has worked in various capacities presenting to and advocating on behalf of her clients both in and outside of the courtroom. Kristin received her B.A. from The College of Wooster in 2006 and graduated from The American University Washington College of Law with her J.D. in 2012.
This event is for pre-licensees in the field of Marriage and Family Therapy.
FREE for Pre-licensed Members
$10 Pre-licensed Non-Members
$20 Licensed Members
$30 Licensed Non-Members
Please visit our website: www.camft-sandiego.org
ACCOMODATIONS & GRIEVANCES
Please email the Education Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Completion certificates will be awarded electronically in exchange for a completed evaluation / survey form to be sent within a week of the event.
Please make sure the Program Administrator has your correct email.
Course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Partial credit will not be awarded.
Live event participants must be present for the entire length of the workshop to be awarded credit. Participants will not be given CEU credit if they are more than 15 minutes late and/or do not stay for the entire length of the workshop.
ADDITIONAL COURSE INFORMATION
This course is provided by the San Diego Chapter of the California association of marriage and family therapists (Provider #57330) is approved by the California association of marriage and family therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. San Diego chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists maintains responsibility for the program and all its content.
Please email the CEU Chair at email@example.com