This event will be available both live and recorded.
This event can be attended virtually live via Zoom. A Zoom link to the webinar will be sent via email to registrants in their confirmation email.
A link to the recording will be sent directly to registrants after it is provided to SD CAMFT. There will be 3 weeks to complete the training. Registrants must return a completed evaluation and passing, graded quiz in order to receive CE credit when watching recording.
The road to licensure is paved with good intentions and ever-evolving regulations. This presentation will provide pre-licensees and supervisors with an overview of the licensure process, including the new supervision regulations that went into effect in 2022. Topics will include: supervised experience requirements for MFT applicants, supervisor qualifications, and licensing examinations.
EDUCATIONAL GOALS & LEARNING OBJECTIVES
Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the licensure process for marriage and family therapists, the roles and responsibilities of pre-licensees and supervisors, and how to navigate common challenges these parties often encounter.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify the specific criteria pre-licensed therapists must meet for the Board to approve their hours (e.g. how many weeks of individual or triadic supervision pre-licenses must complete, how many direct counseling hours they must obtain, etc.)
- Distinguish between the two 90-day rules and the two six-year rules
- State how these rules impact the licensure process
- Identify the work settings in which MFT trainees and associates can accumulate supervised experience hours
- Identify the eligibility requirements for, and specific responsibilities of supervisors
- Counting to 3,000: Overview of the Regulations and Procedures for Counting Hours
- The Trainee's Journey: Supervised Experience Requirements for Trainees
- The Post-Grad Applicant's Journey: Supervised Experience Requirements for Post-Grad Applicants
- The Associate's Journey: Supervised Experience Requirements for Associates
- The Supervisor's Journey
- The Licensing Examinations
This event is for licensed and pre-licensed Marriage and Family Therapists.
$24 for Chapter Members
$36 for Non-Chapter Members
$18 for Pre Licensed Chapter Members
Please visit our website: www.camft-sandiego.org/grievance
ACCOMODATIONS & GRIEVANCES
Please email the Education Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Completion certificates will be awarded electronically in exchange for a completed evaluation form and quiz. Please make sure the Program Administrator has your correct email.
Course meets the qualifications for 2 hours of continuing education credit for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Partial credit will not be awarded.
For live viewing, participants must be present for the entire length of the workshop to be awarded credit. Participants will not be given CEU credit if they are more than 15 minutes late and/or do not stay for the entire length of the workshop.
This course is provided by the San Diego Chapter of the California association of marriage and family therapists (Provider #57330) is approved by the California association of marriage and family therapists to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs. San Diego chapter of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists maintains responsibility for the program and all its content.
Please email the CEU Chair at email@example.com